After posting that article about Roosh in Montreal, I actually decided to try to make #RooshIsARapist work. I kept seeing articles calling him a “controversial blogger” or “Neo-Masculinist” or other various bullshit instead of what he actually is: a rapist and a rape advocate.
People keep claiming there is no evidence of this. They’re full of shit. Here’s a selection, in his own words. Trigger warning for rape, obviously.
- “I Am A Rapist”, in which he copies and pastes items from a”rape checklist” that he’s done.
- “When No Means Yes”, in which claims that men aren’t able to stop having sex once they start. (This is called post-penetration rape, and yeah, people have been sent to prison for it.)
- From Bang Estonia: “While walking to my place, I realized how drunk she was. In America, having sex with her would have been rape, since she couldn’t legally give her consent. It didn’t help matters that I was relatively sober, but I can’t say I cared or even hesitated.”
There are more excerpts from his books over on We Hunted The Mammoth. Warning: These are pretty graphic, and really horrifying.
In addition, here’s some info about his advocacy for rape!
- The notorious “make rape legal” essay
- “If a girl is obsessed about consent, putting men in jail is her intent.” (Guess who he thinks is “obsessed” with consent.)
There’s more over at We Hunted The Mammoth. I also did a Twitter essay on the connection between rape culture, male entitlement, pick-up artists, men’s rights “activists” and #GamerGate, which might provide some helpful context on why, even when Roosh admits to acts of rape repeatedly in his writing, even when there’s video of him touching a woman without consent before she acts in self-defense, there will still be people defending him.
Remember, these people are willing to throw money at Eron Gjoni after he physically abused Zoe Quinn, ignored a restraining order and started a hate movement to ruin her life. Their movement is built on constantly denying that it is about harassment, despite abundant evidence to the contrary. Of course they’re gonna lie about one of their heroes being a rapist: they already are lying about pretty much everything else.